Emergency Medicine Hospital Based job located in California
Site Assistant Medical Director
VEP Healthcare is actively recruiting for an Assistant Medical Director for Mercy Hospitals of Bakersfield consisting of Downtown and Southwest locations. We are looking for an exceptional Emergency Medicine Physician to become the Assistant Medical Director at the site. In addition to a full complement of shifts, the Assistant Medical Director will work closely with the hospital administration in support of VEP’s agenda of high quality, efficient, and compassionate care. The successful candidate should have significant experience and involvement in ED administrative activities (e.g., quality improvement, patient satisfaction, productivity, scheduling, etc.) and productive membership on ED and/or hospital committees. Below are some facts about the facilities:
- Mercy Hospital Downtown’s volume is 42,000 patients annually
- Mercy Hospital Southwest’s volume is 54,000 patients annually
- Full complement of back-up call panel specialists and a case manager available
- 10-hour physician shifts and 12-hour APC shifts
- Cerner EHR
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- If not Board Certified, must provide proof of current ACLS certification
- Documentation of active practice for at least three (3) years in an emergency department with a census equal to or exceeding 3,000 patient visits annually (which may include residency training).
- Leadership experience required
About the Community:
Bakersfield, California is located in Kern County, the heart of California, nestled between San Francisco and Los Angeles. People who consider putting down roots in the area will find a healthy job market and an affordable place to raise a family. It’s Bakersfield’s strong sense of community and family and its booming oil and agriculture industries that keep the region thriving. Bakersfield has hundreds of miles of bike paths and lanes and nearly 60 parks, offering locals plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, including the Sierra Nevada Mountains and some of California’s expansive national forests.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.