Family Practice Multi Specialty Group job located in Montana
- Any Active State Medical License
- Residency Trained
- Malpractice Covered under Federal Tort Act
The Primary Care Section Chief for the Eastern Region of the VA Montana Health Care System (PCC-EM) is a permanent, full-time position located at the Billings Health Care Center in Billings, Montana. The PCC-EM reports directly to the Associate Chief of Staff for Primary Care (ACOS-PC). The primary duty of the PCC-EM is to oversee, lead, direct and mentor competent and motivated staff dedicated to providing high quality and effective patient-centered care to the Veterans of VA Montana Health Care System. The incumbent is responsible for the direct management and oversight of clinical and administrative operations within the primary care services at the Billings Health Care Center, the Community Based Outpatient Clinics at Cut Bank, Glendive, Glasgow, Great Falls, Havre, Lewistown, Miles City, and Plentywood. The supervisory role includes the monitoring, review and assignment of healthcare providers' workload, clinical effectiveness and efficiency, coordination of work schedules and the responsibility for clinical performance measures. The incumbent works closely with other leaders within the primary care service line and the organization to ensure optimization of resources, and delivery of effective and efficient patient care. Additionally, her/his participates in administrative, management, quality assurance, and other activities, meetings or committees as necessary.
· Serves as a liaison between ACOS-PC and employees under her/his direct supervision, those functional areas under her/his oversight, and is responsible for enforcement of and adherence to all the policies, directives and guidelines of VHA and other certifying or accrediting agencies.
· Participates in top level decisions and policy level designs that impact functional areas under her/his oversight through collaboration with ACOS-PC and Health Care System administration.
· Participates in recruitment, retention, resource management, and clinical practice management in all functional areas under her/his oversight.
· Participates in local administrative, management, quality assurance, and other assignments, meetings or committees as appropriate, necessary or as assigned.
· Facilitates communication along the service line and is the primary conduit of information to his/her colleagues/subordinates and the leadership.
The position requires a leader skilled at:
· Effective communication. The incumbent will be expected to facilitate communication within and outside the service line and will be the primary conduit of information to his/her colleagues/subordinates and the service line leadership.
· Exceptional flexibility/adaptability as evidenced by the ability to manage multiple administrative and/or clinical tasks/priorities.
· The ability to think and act creatively and innovatively, looking beyond day-to-day operations via proactive and strategic planning.
· The ability to challenge systems and processes to improve access to care and the care delivery process.
The PCC-EM is stationed at the VA Montana Billings Health Care Center and has clinical duties assigned in the Primary Care clinic at Billings or as otherwise determined. This full-time (1.0 FTEE) position requires an approximate 50% administrative time commitment, which may vary depending on the needs of the organization.
Travel: Travel will be required for training, oversight and/or other work related duties.
Work Schedule: The incumbent is expected to be available for duty outside of the regular duty hours, including weekends, irregular work hours, and extended hours. The incumbent may be assigned to other related services and/or locations, if required.