Hepatology Academic job located in California
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) – Up to $175,000 tax-free over 5 years or Recruitment Incentive for highly qualified candidates.
Seeking part-time Hepatologist to work at Sacramento VA Medical Center, Mather, CA. Candidate should be BE/BC Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology. Incumbent will be provide direct patient care in hepatology clinics, perform endoscopic procedures, and perform consultations for the inpatient medical service when requested. Preference will be given to U.S. citizens who have additional hepatology training, and those with academic teaching and research interests. Recruitment/Retention bonuses and/or participation in the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) may be available. Incumbent will also meet eligibility criteria for employment as an academic gastroenterologist/hepatologist in the UC Davis Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
Candidates should be: US Citizen, BE/BC Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology/Hepatology, and have a current, full and unrestricted license in any State. Applicants should send CV to Physician Recruiter at (Login for Information) and questions may be referred to (Login for Information).
- 208 hours (5.2 weeks) paid vacation (full-time physicians earn 8 hours each pay period upon employment/part-time physicians earn 1 hour of vacation leave for every 10 hours worked)
- 104 hours (2.6 weeks) paid sick leave (full-time physicians earn 4 hours pay period upon employment, no cap) /part-time physicians earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 20 hours worked)
- 10 paid Federal holidays (any time clinics are closed you get time-off with pay and does not come out of paid vacation)
- Competitive Annual Salary (Comprised of Base Pay + Market Pay)
- Base Pay = based on time in service, start at Grade 15/Step 1 with increase every 2yrs
- Market Pay = reviewed biennially for possible increase/not in line with base pay increase
- Annual Physician Performance Pay
- Malpractice protection with tail coverage covered by the Federal government
- CME- 1 week paid authorized absence to attend and after 1 year of employment $1,000 per year stipend toward CME if BC (does not come out of paid vacation/time is pro-rated for part-time staff)
- No Physician Employment Contract; no significant restriction on moonlighting