Hospice and Palliative Care Multi Specialty Group job located in Maryland
- Quality incentive bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
(Login for Information) has both Part time and Full time openings for a board certified/board eligible Palliative Medicine physician to expand our busy Palliative Medicine service line.
As part of MedStar Health’s commitment to expanding palliative care throughout the health system, a system level Palliative Care service line was created in 2014 with a leadership team consisting of Medical Director, Administrative Director and Senior Clinical and Scientific Director. With direct reporting to the Chief Medical Officer of the health system, MedStar Health Palliative Care has created a plan for strategic growth, standardized practice, and created a robust platform for research, innovation and education.
There are a total of 44 palliative care providers in the service line consisting of physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, clinical pharmacists, and chaplain. The Palliative Medicine team sees patients in multiple specialty areas Monday through Friday.
- Perform complete multi-domain palliative care assessments for the inpatient palliative care consultation service
- Provide meticulous pain and symptom assessment and management; assist with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions as they relate to palliative care practice
- Collaboration on a high functioning interdisciplinary palliative care clinical team, and with providers across care settings at MMMC
- Participation in Palliative care education of staff, patients and families
- Participation on Cancer Committee, Ethics Committee and other committees as needed.
We offer a very competitive salary, signing bonus, RVU incentive bonus and comprehensive benefits package to include:
•Quality incentive bonus
•Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
•Paid malpractice insurance
•30 days paid time off, 6 holidays and 3 personal days
•1 week of paid CME leave and CME allowance
•Retirement Plan 403-B with % employer match
•Opportunity to join the largest Medical Group in the VA, DC and Maryland areas!
- Medical Degree- M.D, D.O or foreign equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the state of Maryland
- Board certified/ eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Interested candidates should Contact Phyllis Gray, Administrative Director at (Login for Information) for more information.