Psychiatry Hospital Based job located in Oregon
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
THREE openings exist for integrated health psychologists to provide brief behavioral health services in fast paced environment. These positions utilize a behavioral health consultant model (BHC) and psychologists will serve as behavioral consultants on the team, and as such, provide assessment, short-term psychotherapy for mild or moderate disorders, and health behavior assessments and interventions.
Primary care – Depoe Bay + Toledo (on the Oregon coast); Lebanon, OR
Endocrinology – Corvallis, OR
In these positions, you will:
- Consult and collaborate on a multidisciplinary team; this includes providing integrated on-site care, recommendations, and feedback to medical providers and allied staff
- Have a clearly distinguished role from specialty mental health therapist practice model
- Independently practice in a BHC model to deliver brief consultation-based services with a focus on general behavioral health services in a primary care context
- Utilize brief behavioral health visits (20-30 minutes), limited in number 1-6 visits, which are provided in the primary care practice area and are seen as a routine primary care service
- Practice in a population based practice management strategy with flexibility to be interrupted to respond to urgent/emergency situations and “curb-side consults”
- Provide assessments, screening, or intervention services for 8-10 patients per day with the primary goal of assisting the primary care providers with identification, treatment, and management of mental and behavioral health concerns
Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley and Central Coast are ideal locations to work, live and raise a family. Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities in the immediate area, as well as proximity to Portland – all of this, coupled with Oregon’s friendly, unique and adventurous residents, affordable housing, highly rated public schools, thriving art communities, numerous wineries and microbreweries and great food, the advantages of living here are endless!
- Doctoral Level Degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical psychology from an APA-accredited institution– Health psychology emphasis preferred
- Current Oregon Licensure or license eligible (Psychologist post-doctoral residents will be assessed will be assessed on a case by case basis)
- 2-3 years’ experience in health psychology
- Knowledge in working with patients who have chronic health conditions