Family Medicine Multi Specialty Group job located in Ohio
Job Reference #:
Salary Locum Tenens:
- Work for the Underserved
- Value Based Care
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Complex Clinical Care:
- Focuses on the management and improvement of health for patients with multiple complex and chronic medical conditions.
- Able to work with and lead a team (with social work, case management, behavioral health, pharmacy, nutrition, etc.), process feedback, and be open to discussing and implementing plans of care from other members of the team.
- Develop strong transitional care plans and able to help keep track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care including discharges from the hospital, ER, skilled nursing facilities/nursing homes, and home care.
- Communicate and interact with alternate levels of care facilities (hospital, ER, skilled nursing facilities) to facilitate appropriate discharge to a lower level of care or back to the (Login for Information) Medical Center. Familiar with inpatient medicine and the discharge process to help facilitate discharges.
- Treat acute exacerbations of chronic conditions within the (Login for Information) center, i.e. Lasix for CHF, IVF for Dehydration/Renal Failure, IV antibiotics for various infections, Nebulizer/Solumedrol for COPD/Asthma etc. Possess a comfort level and the knowledge to differentiate when exacerbation can be treated within (Login for Information) and when a higher level of care needed.
- Accept same day/next day or urgent appointments for patients from home or discharged from the hospital/ER/skilled nursing facility in need of intensified physician or case management/social work services to ensure acute episode has resolved and the patient is not admitted/readmitted.
- Vigilant in keeping track of patients and their disease processes to prevent ER visits, admissions to the hospital, and readmissions.
- Understand the PCMH model of care as pertains to specialist care, only utilizing this higher level of care as needed, and not a substitute for a well-trained primary care physician with evidence based clinical skills.
- Educate members on chronic disease progression and the need for advanced directives where applicable.
- Practices evidenced based medicine and in accordance with the PCMH model of care.
- Full Unrestricted Ohio Medical License
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- BLS certification required
- Mission-Driven to serve the underserved
- Work without ego, and thoughtfully build successful relationships with team members and our partners
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with constant collaboration within and across provider teams
- Experience and comfort utilizing EMR
- Problem-solving and the ability to be creative in those solutions
- Experience in population health management
- Experience in working with psycho-socially and medically complex patient population
Below are the filters associated with this job. You may click on a filter to find more jobs like that or click here to start a new search for similar jobs. You may also use the Advanced Search to start your search with this jobs criteria.