Gastroenterology Multi Specialty Group job located in Georgia
Hospital in Nashville area seeking a board eligible or board certified Gastroenterologist
Candidates should be focused on high quality patient care, interested in building a robust clinical practice, and have the flexibility to work in various clinical and hospital settings. Previous clinical experience is required.
• Clinical responsibilities will include general gastroenterology coverage at Hospital including performing consultations on the inpatients with digestive and liver diseases.
• Performing Gastrointestinal endoscopy to include upper G.I. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, balloon dilation of strictures, placement of stents & PEG tubes, banding of esophageal varices and use of cautery, clips, etc. to control gastrointestinal bleeding
• Able to perform and read capsule endoscopy studies.
• Maintain an outpatient gastroenterology practice that would include seeing outpatients at Hospital.
Required Skills Minimum Qualifications:
• Successful completion of an ACGME approved gastroenterology fellowship training program required.
• Current ABIM certification in Gastroenterology required if more than 1 year from completion of fellowship training.
• Five or more years of experience in teaching medical students / residents preferred
Nicknamed “Music City USA,” today Nashville is also known as the “It City,” a Travel & Leisure Best Place to Visit in 2017, and noted by Condé Nast Traveler as: "There's enough going on food-wise to warrant a trip solely for eating." Nashville offers big city amenities with the heart, friendliness and welcome of a smaller community. Known as the nation’s health care capital, Nashville has a vibrant live music scene, plentiful parks and recreation, professional sports, great shopping and livable neighborhoods and suburbs. This hospital is Nashville’s original community- based hospital. Joint Commission accredited,readily accommodates a wide range of needs from emergency services and acute care to ancillary and ambulatory services. It continues to maintain its strong commitment to the healthcare needs of Nashville and Davidson County underserved, while also providing care to all segments of the community.