Gastroenterology Hospital Based job located in Georgia
"I’ve experienced firsthand that Thomasville is a fantastic place to live, work and play, and raise a family."
Louis G. Lee, MD Gastroenterology
(Login for Information) in Thomasville, Georgia is seeking BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join a well established, hospital employed GI service. This group currently offers EUS, ERCP, Spyglass, RFA, EMR, high resolution motility system, bravo pH testing and 190 Olympus equipment. Academic appointment is available with Florida State University. Archbold is a regional healthcare center with four hospitals and three nursing homes. Archbold is licensed for 540 beds, employs more than 2,500 people and has a medical staff of more than 160 qualified specialists. We have been recognized as a top hospital in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine for seven consecutive years.
- Very competitive income guarantee
- Great benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and malpractice
- Moving assistance, sign-on bonus and student loan repayment
- Very busy practice; brand new facilities and fully-equipped office across the street from hospital
- 1:4 Hospital Call Coverage
- New state-of-the-art Emergency, Surgery and Intensive Care facilities, and new private patient rooms
- Neurosurgery coverage 24/7
- Two daVinci Robotic Surgery units
- Full service homecare network— hospice, home health, home medical equipment and infusion and pharmacy services
- Inpatient, Outpatient and In-home Dialysis
- 3D Mammography
- Award-winning interventional cardiology program
- Highest utilization rate in the region for transradial approach of cardiac catheterization
- Cardiology clinical research, including recent C-PORT study with Johns Hopkins
- Radiation oncology, medical oncology, hematology and support services in one location
- The first and only hospital to partner with the Emory Winship Cancer Institute (the only NCI designated cancer center in Georgia) for clinical trials
- Region’s only Gamma Knife Perfexion, non-invasive brain surgery technology
Thomasville is internally known for its piney woods, hunting, and warm, welcoming locals. Downtown Thomasville is charming with tree-lined brick streets and thriving businesses. We are situated 30 miles above Tallahassee, the capital of Florida and 1 hour from the Gulf Coast. The family-centered city has strong private and public educational opportunities, and outstanding sports and fitness facilities for youth sports and adult fitness and healthy living opportunities. Downtown Thomasville’s pedestrian-friendly, tree-lined, brick streets feature an eclectic mix of shops and restaurants selling southern-made goods and internationally designed clothing and home décor. The local arts and culture scene is thriving, with youth and adult programming and instruction provided by the Thomasville Center for the Arts.
Thomasville is commonly known as a destination for those who love the outdoors. Favorite outdoor local pastimes include river kayaking; quail, duck, dove, deer, and turkey hunting; fishing; golf; tennis; bird watching; running; and biking.
Thomasville is many things to different people. It’s a thriving small town known for its southern hospitality and easy way of life. But it also touts amenities and attractions of a much larger community—quality healthcare, education, thriving churches, and a broad range of entertainment and recreational activities.