Physician Jobs by Specialty
News & Events
Physician Career Resources
What’s So Good about Locum Tenens?
If you’re not familiar with locum tenens jobs, you might wonder what the benefits are. Locum tenens assignments are temporary physician jobs. They allow physicians to try out practice styles, facilities and even geographic locations before they make a permanent decision. Assignments can last a day, a week a month, a year or even more. Physicians who work locum tenens jobs say they like the flexibility, travel opportunities, extra income and clinical experience they provide. Physician recruiters place some physicians repeatedly because locums is their career choice.
Phone Interviews with No Hang-ups
After your CV does its job and grabs the attention of physician recruiters, the next step is usually a phone interview. Some physician job and locum tenens job seekers don’t take these interviews as seriously as face-to-face discussions. But they’re a crucial steppingstone in the physician recruitment process.
Here are some tips for sending a strong signal in a phone interview:
- Be very prepared. Do good research about the facility, practice and even about the person doing the interview.
- Print out key information—the job description, your CV, etc.—so you can refer to it during the interview. Make notes about points you want to make.
- Eliminate distractions. Make sure you’re in a quiet place where you can focus and won’t be disturbed. If using your cell phone, make sure it’s charged!
- Answer questions concisely. Phone interviews are usually shorter than face-to-face interviews. Use your time wisely to make a good impression.
Join MDsearch.com for Free!
- View complete job details.
- Make direct contact with employers / recruiters.
- Find your new job today!