Critical Care Hospital Based job located in California
Intensivist-Critical Care Medicine
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA
Overview: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is situated in the heart of Hollywood. It has been serving the Hollywood area since 1924. Over the years, the hospital has seen much growth and has evolved to accommodate the diverse needs of the community. This 434 General Medical and Surgical Hospital has a 26 bed ICU with an average daily census of 8 patients. The physician coverage is 8 hours on-site with on call hours required. An APC covers 8 hours daily.
Our group is providing full-time Critical Care Intensivist support at the hospital 8 hour shifts in house and then pager call.
- 26 ICU Beds
- Average Daily Census = 8
- Physician coverage on-site is 8 hours and pager call for the remainder of the shift
- ICU manages vent patients and all procedures are required
- HM physicians cover codes while ICU physician is on call
- ICU covers codes while in house and HM covers rapid response
- 8 hours of APC coverage
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Critical Care/Pulmonary Critical Care
- Current ACLS certification required (if not Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine or Critical Care Medicine)
About the Community: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is located in the heart of Hollywood. A sprawling area full of restaurants, museums, art galleries, and of course the Hollywood walk of fame. The hospital is about a thirty minute drive from downtown LA and about a forty five minute to an hour drive from LAX. It’s only about a twenty five minute drive to the Burbank airport which is easy to arrive and depart from. There are plenty of hotels to choose from near the hospital. The hospital serves the multicultural community with top notch medical care. The hospital is located on the corner of Vermont Avenue and Fountain Avenue in Hollywood, California.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given competitive hourly rates. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.