Gastroenterology Single Specialty Group job located in Florida
- Lead a multi-therapeutic, dedicated clinical research site.
- NASH, NAFLD, Crohn's, UC, PBC/PSC, Vaccines
- Live in beautiful Lakewood Ranch/Sarasota
Lead a research facility with a team of more than 20 healthcare professionals. Florida Research Institute is a multi-therapeutic, dedicated clinical research site with an industry track record of providing high enrollment rates and quality data. We are searching for a principal investigator to apply their medical knowledge to oversee and direct the clinical course of research participants in clinical trials. Most of our trials are focused on gastroenterology or hepatology and include NASH, NAFLD, IBD, UC, Crohn’s, PBC/PSC and Celiac.
The person in this role must have a thorough knowledge of clinical trial management and monitoring, as they will be responsible for working with the sub investigator in overseeing the execution of study protocols, delegating study-related duties to site staff and ensuring site compliance with study protocols and other state/local regulations as applicable.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide clinical and medical support and oversight for research clinical trials based on scope of practice.
- Ensure the safety of study participants, and maintain communication with patients, FRI team members and clinicians.
- Assess, grade, and document adverse events; apply triage and judgment to determine course of action.
- Oversee and, as needed, administer medications and treatments per study protocol and scope of practice.
- Support sponsor investigator research with investigational new drug/investigational device exemption applications.
- Communicate with FDHS Board of Directors and Executive Committee about research activities, goals and accomplishments.
Living in the area
With warm temperatures, award-winning beaches and a thriving cultural and arts scene, the Lakewood Ranch and Sarasota areas are the perfect place for families of all sizes. Tucked along the gulf coast of Florida, about an hour from Tampa and two hours from Orlando, Sarasota and Lakewood Ranch continue to flourish and attract new residents with a burgeoning economy, great restaurants, and plenty of year-round activities.