Nurse Practitioner Multi Specialty Group job located in New York
Join us in transforming healthcare!
(Login for Information) was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are frail, elderly and ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
The Urgentivist primarily provides medical care and management to members served by the Landmark program who request urgent visits to the NCM on call from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday (Non-Holiday). This position prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary transfers and acute admissions. Communicates and collaborates with the assigned Landmark primary provider and interdisciplinary team in achieving patient’s care goals.
As a Provider at Landmark, you will benefit from the following:
- Working with the NCM, schedules patients for maintenance visits in a way and volume that allows for prompt response to urgent patient requests during normal business hours.
- Following the visit promptly communicates with the PCP and specialist as needed along with communicating findings to their primary assigned Landmark provider.
- Manage patient care with the primary objective of delivering proactive chronic disease care and significantly reducing avoidable hospitalizations.
- Diagnose, prescribe and treat within the scope of the Provider and consistent with standards of care.
- Participate in regular management/interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate and collaborate on patient care needs.
- Completes the required documentation in a timely manner allowing the care team access to the care provided and a note to be generated to the PCP.
- Participate in a rotated on-call program for home-based patient support after-hours.
- Excellent compensation and benefits including a robust bonus program, market-leading Paid Time Off (PTO), CME reimbursement, mileage reimbursement, child care benefits, and more.
- A team-based clinical environment, where you will find mission-driven clinicians who are passionate about fixing our broken system of care.
- An outcomes-oriented model, where more value is placed on high-quality clinical outcomes than on productivity.
- Geriatric expertise – Landmark invests significantly in provider education, with a particular focus on geriatrics and home-based medical care.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant accredited program
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, desired
- Current unrestricted state license and current state driver’s license
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness of UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful
- Passion for geriatric patient care
- Comfortable with conducting house calls