Psychiatry Hospital Based job located in Idaho
- Live in one of the most beautiful natural areas in the US, with very moderate climate and unlimited outdoor recreation
- Desirable loan repayment and retirement programs available, with an excellent full benefits package and competitive salary
- System of mental healthcare delivery where the primary focus is on patient care and symptom improvement
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare - Idaho State Hospital South
- 40-hour work week w/ limited on-call, and a commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Up to $75k loan repayment
- Retirement savings w/ over 11% employer match
- On-call: $10k annual average as PTO or cash payout
- Relocation assistance
- Low-cost health insurance rates
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- Inpatient care
We are seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to provide progressive, best practice care in a patient-focused and friendly work environment.
With two state psychiatric hospitals and seven regional field offices, we are Idaho’s largest state agency and a leader in the field of health and human services. You will enjoy unmatched scenery, year-round recreation and true work-life balance to enjoy all Idaho has to offer.
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Idaho is known for friendly people, welcoming communities, and tremendous outdoor activities: golfing, skiing, camping, and fishing to name a few. Idaho has been named Safest State in the US, Top State for Business, Top 100 Best Places to Live, and too many others to mention.
We offer a generous compensation package including: educational loan repayment program, relocation assistance, 40-hour work week, comprehensive insurance w/ low rates (health, dental, vision), state-matched pension and retirement savings plans, generous vacation and sick-leave accruals, ten paid holidays each year, and so much more.
Our team of psychiatrists:
- Develops psychiatric diagnostic evaluations
- Conducts or serves on interdisciplinary treatment team staffings
- Prescribes and performs psychiatric treatment to include psychopharmacology, individual and group psychotherapy and other modalities
- Reviews and monitors clinical staff records
- Assesses patient's medical condition and refers for consultation and treatment
- Provides staff training on psychiatric diagnosis and treatment to non-physicians
- Provides consultation to other primary therapists
- May provide psychiatric consultation to community physicians and agencies
- Serves on various hospital committees
- Provides authoritative psychiatric opinion on various issues such as resolving conflicts in client diagnosis, acting as designated examiner, providing court testimony, or conducting court ordered evaluations
Visit Us Online: (Login for Information)
Contact: Erin Floyd, Human Resources, (Login for Information)
No third party recruiters, please.
STATE HOSPITAL SOUTH, Blackfoot: SHS provides psychiatric inpatient treatment and skilled nursing care for Idaho's adult and adolescent citizens with the most serious and persistent mental illnesses. The hospital works in partnership with families and communities to enable clients to return to community living. The facility is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, and is certified by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. SHS includes 90 psychiatric adult beds, 29 skilled nursing beds, and 16 beds for adolescents. It also maintains a statewide program to restore competency of criminal justice patients.
Treatment is provided through an interdisciplinary team, including psychiatrists and other physicians, psychologists, nurses, therapeutic recreational specialists, and social workers. The team works with patients and their families to develop and implement individual treatment plans. Treatment includes evaluation, medications, individual and group therapy, education, recreation, and discharge counseling.